28 Mar Transform Addiction Toolkit With the Haven
Transform Addiction Toolkit – May 12th, 2019 from 2-5PM
Join Sue Donaldson, Wen-Shwu Lee, Cathy Wilder, and Vicky Frederiksen at the Pegasus Office to experience the essence of the Haven‘s Program and bring home some tools on how to transform addiction through integrating the 12 steps with Haven concepts. Cost is by donation. Space is limited – Register today!
This Transform Addiction Toolkit Session is an introduction to the full Transforming Addiction: Widening Your Path in Recovery Program provided at the Haven on Gabriola Island. This program gives participants an expanded perspective and increased choice in recovery from various addictive behaviours, by integrating 12-step and Haven models.
“What is addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood.” – Alice Miller
We believe addiction is far more complicated than this. In this program we integrate several elements, including 12-step and Haven models, to provide an expanded perspective and different choices in recovery from various addictive behaviours.
In an integrated body-mind-spirit approach we will offer:
- Practical tools to deepen your existing growth steps
- Choices to live fully from a place of acceptance and self-mastery
- Paths to reach individually defined spiritual values and inner strength
- Concepts and tools of grounding and self-definition
This program is for people who:
- Know the addiction process
- Haven been affected by addiction in family or friends
- Have been engaged in some approach to recovery from substance addictions and are looking to widen and deepen their search and practice
- Are attached to non-substance objects or activities such as food, work, appearance, sex, or relationships, and interested in exploring different possibilities
- Have a hard time letting go, of either past memories or future ideals, and are interested in learning more about living in the present
Note This program is not designed as clinical treatment, and is not for people who are still actively using drugs or alcohol.
To register for the Transform Addiction Toolkit being held at Pegasus Recovery Solutions at 270-2950 Douglas St. or for more information please call 1-800-222-9211.